Personal Data means data relating directly or indirectly to internship applicants and internship providers, from which one’s identity is discernible.
This Policy applies to not only the usage of https://www.internshipbank.org (the Site), but also to services (“Services”) provided by Internship Bank in general.
- As a visitor of our Site, you are not required to provide us with any of your Personal Data. Only when you obtain information from or make a request to us via email and/or the online application form would we collect Personal Data from you. are in control of the amount and type of information you provide to us when you complete your online application form. The Personal Data we collect include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Your personal information (e.g. your name, gender, date of birth and ID number);
- Your contact information (e.g. telephone number, mailing address, email address);
- Proof of your academic background and prior work experience; and
- Information when you use our website (e.g. browser details and IP address etc.).
- Your business information to verify existence of your company.
- You provide Personal Data to us on a voluntary basis. However, if you refuse to supply certain Personal Data to us, we may be unable to provide you with our services. By voluntarily providing your Personal Data to us, you accept that such a request is fair and reasonable.
- We also collect information about your use of our Services, from studying the areas of the Site you visit and what features you access. It is also possible that there is information about your computer hardware and software we would collect. This information may include, but is not limited to, your IP address, browser, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. Internship Bank reserves the right to use these information as it deems fit.
- The purposes for which we collect Personal Data from you include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Promoting your internship post/student profile;
- Matching up potential internship providers and student interns;
- Protecting the safety of other users of our Services;
- Promoting the publicity of Internship Bank by sharing successful internship stories and showcasing our partners;
- Providing, maintaining and improving services on the Site;
- Sending you marketing communication and updates of our services;
- Responding to your inquiries and support requests; and
- Conducting market research and analysis.
- If you are an internship providers, we may post your hiring information such as your organization’s name, URL, internship description and skill required etc. on the Site, as well as on other social media platforms of Internship Bank such as Facebook and LinkedIn. Such information may also appear in search engines such as Google. We may also share your Personal Data, such as your name and contact details, to applicants who may wish to apply for an internship with your organization.
- If you are an applicant, we may share your Personal Data, such as your name and contact details, with relevant internship providers.
- We have no control over any posts that are posted on social media platforms of Internship Bank. Such information can be accessed, stored and/or used by any other internet user. We are not responsible for any use of such information that members of the public make available on social media platforms of Internship Bank.
- When we send you an email, or call you, a third-party service is being used and your email address or mobile number could be accessed by such service providers. We only work with reputable service providers. However, we do not guarantee the lawful use of your information by third parties.
- We retain the Personal Data you have provided to us so long as it is required for the purpose(s) for which we collected it and to the extent and for the duration that such Personal Data is allowed to be retained by applicable Indian laws.
- We protect your Personal Data using reasonable technical and administrative practice that is up to generally accepted industry standards in India. Please note that your Personal Data may be stored and processed outside of your home country with varying levels of privacy protection.
- Internship Bank may use the Personal Data you provided to it to send you information about updates and new activities of Internship Bank and/or other relevant internship and student events from time to time.
- You may opt out of receiving such direct marketing communications at any time by contacting us.
- The Personal Data you provided us with will be kept confidential and will not be disclosed to third parties.
- Internship Bank would use reasonable efforts to safeguard your Personal Data. However, we do not guarantee there would not be any unwanted disclosure of your information. In any event where there are factors beyond our control causing unwanted disclosure of your Personal Data, Internship Bank assumes no liability or responsibility.
- You have the right to request for a copy of your Personal Data we hold, to request us to correct inaccurate or outdated data about you.
- If you are a user in the European Economic Area, you are entitled to the following rights pursuant to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us.
- Right to information;
- Right to access personal information being processed;
- Right to be forgotten;
- Right to rectification;
- Right to restrict processing; and
- Right to opt-out of processing.
- We may update this Policy from time to time to reflect changes to our practices. Any material changes to this Policy would be posted on this Site. You are encouraged to regularly review the latest version of this Policy. By continuing to use our Site and the services we provide, you are deemed to have agreed to the changes to this Policy.
For prospective Interns
For Internship Providers
Purpose of data collection
Use of information